Tuesday, March 27, 2012

GRANT SELECT on View

I have granted SELECT permissions on a view to a user, now when I run the
view it tells me that the user is denied select permissions on a table. The
user does not have any other permissions set on any tables or views other
than the SELECT on this particular view. How can I allow the user to view
this data?
Thank you in advance,
RuiThis sounds like a broken ownership problem. Does the same user (e.g. dbo)
own the view as owns the table? To avoid this problem, both objects will
need to be owned by the same user.
"Rui Peres" <peresr@.southcoast.org> wrote in message
news:u2quzdN0FHA.2960@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I have granted SELECT permissions on a view to a user, now when I run the
> view it tells me that the user is denied select permissions on a table.
> The
> user does not have any other permissions set on any tables or views other
> than the SELECT on this particular view. How can I allow the user to view
> this data?
> Thank you in advance,
> Rui
>|||Thanks, that did it.
Rui
"Lori Clark" <lclark@.dbadvisor.com> wrote in message
news:ebAkZvN0FHA.460@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> This sounds like a broken ownership problem. Does the same user (e.g.
dbo)
> own the view as owns the table? To avoid this problem, both objects will
> need to be owned by the same user.
>
> "Rui Peres" <peresr@.southcoast.org> wrote in message
> news:u2quzdN0FHA.2960@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
other[vbcol=seagreen]
view[vbcol=seagreen]
>

No comments:

Post a Comment