Tuesday, March 27, 2012

grant select to public

I'm NOT the dbo
but I am allowed to create table/views/UDF
But I can't not do this:
grant select on vw_I_created to public
got this error:
SQL Server Database Error: Grantor does not have GRANT permission.
Is this right ?Your user was not given GRANT permission, which is the ability to grant a
specified permission to other principals.
"klabu" wrote:
> I'm NOT the dbo
> but I am allowed to create table/views/UDF
> But I can't not do this:
> grant select on vw_I_created to public
> got this error:
> SQL Server Database Error: Grantor does not have GRANT permission.
> Is this right ?
>
>|||Hi,
On specific objects if you have to give grant again to other securiy
accounts you can use or ask the admin for the grant with below option
WITH GRANT OPTION
Thanks
Ajay
"Edgardo Valdez, MCTS / MCITP"
<EdgardoValdezMCTSMCITP@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B7485BF1-0937-4FE6-97A0-A4486985F37B@.microsoft.com...
> Your user was not given GRANT permission, which is the ability to grant a
> specified permission to other principals.
> "klabu" wrote:
>> I'm NOT the dbo
>> but I am allowed to create table/views/UDF
>> But I can't not do this:
>> grant select on vw_I_created to public
>> got this error:
>> SQL Server Database Error: Grantor does not have GRANT permission.
>> Is this right ?
>>

No comments:

Post a Comment