Thursday, March 29, 2012

granting privilages similar to existing user

I need to grant privilages to a user that are like the privilages of an
existing user. How can I do this?
chuck t.The easiest way would be to write a little SQL-DMO script. Create a user
object and then execute the ListObjectPermissions method. Alternatively,
you can use the Script method and replace the old user with the new user.
Tom
----
Thomas A. Moreau, BSc, PhD, MCSE, MCDBA
SQL Server MVP
Columnist, SQL Server Professional
Toronto, ON Canada tom@.cips.ca
www.pinpub.com
"Chuck" <Chuck@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:335EB4BA-1BCF-4151-9446-5D4BCA569657@.microsoft.com...
>I need to grant privilages to a user that are like the privilages of an
> existing user. How can I do this?
> --
> chuck t.|||Hi,
please check this if it help you to get list :
http://www.sql-server-performance.c...?TOPIC_ID=10504
:-)
Regards
--
Andy Davis
Activecrypt Team
---
SQL Server Encryption Software
http://www.activecrypt.com
"Chuck" wrote:

> I need to grant privilages to a user that are like the privilages of an
> existing user. How can I do this?
> --
> chuck t.

No comments:

Post a Comment