Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Granting a user permissions to create and Drop a table

How do I allow a user (or group of users) permission to create/drop a table?

I have found the 'GRANT CREATE TABLE TO username' command, which will (I assume) allow a user to create a table, but how to I allow a user to 'DROP' the created table as well?
'GRANT DROP TABLE TO username' doesn't work?
and I want the users to be able to DROP/DELETE this table (temporary table created just for printing purposes) as well.

thanksWhat I want to know as well is, if the table is DROPPED, do I have to re-set all permissions on it again after it is re-created?
If so, what is the best way to achieve all this/

Thanks|||

See permission section of the DROP TABLE article in BOL. Permissions would have to be reassigned - they are dropped when the table is dropped. You should script all your database operations and manage script files with a source code control product.

Thanks
Laurentiu

No comments:

Post a Comment